Monday, March 30, 2009

Wow... A blog...

So this is what it feels like to blog... Weird... Oddly like typing an e-mail to no one. Anyway, I thought I'd start this (although I'm not sure who will read it) to share my thoughts on books, teaching, cooking, and life in general. I'm doing the 50 book project this year, and I have a lot of thoughts regarding the books I've read. Here's the list so far...

1. Ophelia by Lisa Klein
2. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
3. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
4. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
5. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
6. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
7. The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
8. The People of Sparks by Jeanne DuPrau
9. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
10. Soldier's Heart by Gary Paulsen
11. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
12. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
13. Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery
14. Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery
15. Anne of Windy Poplars by L. M. Montgomery
16. The Magician by Michael Scott
17. Anne's House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery

It might seem odd that this list has so much Young Adult Lit on it, and that's no mistake. I'm an 8th grade English teacher, and I sort of have the literary taste of a 15-year-old girl. Can't help it. I keep telling myself that I'll read something of substance eventually; maybe when school's out... Time will tell!

I've been re-reading some of my old favorites lately, which has been comforting...

The only disappointment on my list so far has been Angels & Demons. I really enjoyed The DiVinci Code, but Angels & Demons was a little too unbelivable for my taste. I mean really... The guy parachutes from a helicopter using little more than a bedsheet and somehow survives?! Ridiculous!

Aside from that, it's been really nice to read more and watch less tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment